Kautsky’s Grocery

Kautsky’s Grocery

Kautsky’s Grocery Store at the SW corner of Madison Ave. and Epler Ave., around 1925. Kautsky moved across the road and built a new store in the late 1940s, which closed in 1970. In later years the building housed HHGregg appliance store, then Cycle Outfitters and now an Asian grocery store. Pictured from
left, clerks, Bruce Robinson, Price Robinson, Harmon Lee; Frank Kautsky; Ernest Harsin; Charlie Benner; Herb Zufall; and Ish Young, bookkeeper. (Photos courtesy of the Perry Township/Southport Historical Society)