Top ten reasons I survived the Great Winter Storm
by Torry Stiles
10. Walked the dogs. Lost the little one in a drift.
9. Set out the emergency supplies: candles, water, cocoa mix, candy bars, chocolate chips, brownies, M&M’s…
8. Convinced myself that we had plenty of everything we might need… in convenient 12 ounce cans.
7. Spent a half-hour trying to force the pet pig outside. She seemed to know better.
6. Bet on which lawn ornament would be the first to disappear under the snow.
5. Popped in a bunch of racing DVD’s and reminisced about muggy summer nights and mosquitos.
4. Played “Snow Panic Bingo.” Make up a grid, turn on the TV and check off boxes whenever you hear things like, “blizzard-like,” “wind chill,” “empty store shelves,” etc.
3. Popcorn, Hershey kisses and hot chocolate… I’m sure my cardiologist would never approve.
2. Healthy dosage of self-prescribed and administered anti-anxiety medication… one 12 ounce can at a time.
1. Dance party! Shake-a, shake-a tailfeather. Trust me, you don’t want to see the videos.